Happy Monday! Mother's Day is coming up (Sunday, May 12th), so it's time to start thinking about what you're going to give the special maternal figure in your life. I spent the weekend in San Diego visiting my mom and doing some wedding planning, so while making this gift guide I thought of some of the things she enjoys most - gardening, cooking, makeup and her new found iPhone/iPad obsessions. Oh, and btw, almost everything is under $100!
1. Mom's love tea, heck, so do I! This Ikat Tea For One Set would look great in the office.
2. A beautiful scented candle is always a safe bet for a gift.
3. A Gauze Rose Scarf is the perfect accessory for chilly spring night strolls.
4. If she likes to dig in the dirt, give her some decorative gardening tools.
5. Woven Espadrilles are the perfect gift for moms who wants to look cute while chasing after young kids.
7. The perpetual hostess will go crazy for these dog plates .
8. How cute are these Moby Measuring Cups?! For a cooking maven these are perfect.
9. For the tech savvy mama, a bright iPad handbag will definitely be well received.
10. Help your mom look stylish while chatting away with a Polka Dot iPhone Case . For more tech gift ideas for Mother's Day see my past post on 'Tech Gifts For Her'.
11. Garden Stool's are great gifts because they work outside and in, and the patterns and color options are endless.
Holiday Gift Guide: HOME DECOR
It's official, I'm holiday shopping! Have you started yet? Some of my favorite things to give and to receive are home decor gifts. You don't have to worry about size or fit and everyone loves giving their home a little decorative boost. From quirky conversation items to luxe candles and personality packed wall art here are my picks for home decor gifts for the bohemian, the glamour gal and the hipster in your life.
1. Magical Thinking Diamond Pillow/2. Jayson Home Tyrol Horn Vase/3. Rhino Bookend /4. Anthropologie Celestial coaster set/5. Turning Triangles Terrarium/6. Zebra print rug /7. Diptyque 'Oliban' Holiday Candle
Bohemian babes incorporate their carefree style into every room. Faux zebra skin rugs, rich scented candles and tribal motif throw pillows are all safe choices to make the bohemian's jaw drop. I have to admit, I own #2, #4 and #6....can you guess which style is mine? Only a few more things needed to complete my living room...Are you listening mom??
1. Mongolian Fur Pillow/2. Jayson Home Ceramic Urchin Box/3. Leigh Viner Fashion Illustration Art Print /4. Mirrored Pendant Lamp/5. Dwell Studio Pebble Bulb Double vase/6. Anthropologie Conure Rug/ 7. Jo Malone Candle
For old hollywood loving glamour girls, give them a unique gift of something they may not buy for themselves to up the femme factor of their home. Leigh Viner art is a fashionable find the glamazon will surely go crazy for. If all else fails, gift her a fluffy pillow, flower vase or mirrored object so that she can see her eyes sparkle.
1. Vintage Rotary Phone/2. Pendleton Heritage Serving Tray Set/3. Mustache Knob/4. Jonathan Adler Squirrel Match Strike/5. Leather Butterfly Chair/6. Pabst Blue Ribbon neon sign
The "Hipster," we all have one in our life whether it be our little bro or favorite co-worker. Why not help them update their Good Will filled crash pad with something you know their alternative posse will applaud for. Anything Pabst Blue Ribbon related or that looks like you found it at an exclusive garage sale will probably do the trick.
Gadgets and gizmos and bits and bobs, holiday season is the perfect time to reward your loved ones (or yourself) with the latest and greatest technology. Whether you are looking for a stocking stuffer like a iPhone case or a big ticket item such as an iPad, for those that are constantly plugged in, tech gifts are the way to go.
1. CALIFORNIA HEADPHONES Laredo /2. Swiss Army with USB /3. AHA LIFE Pick Camera (with built in USB) /4. MOPHIE iPhone Battery Charger /5. ION Audio iCade /6. THE NORTH FACE eTip Gloves /7. AHA LIFE Wooden iPad Station /8. APPLE iPad 3 /9. LIGHT IN THE BOX Watch Cell Phone
Men aren't the only ones who want to stay up to date when it comes to electronics and tech accessories, gals like their gadgest too! Technology gifts geared towards women are instant holiday success stories.
1. WEST ELM Squirrel Speaker /2. REBECCA MINKOFF Keyboard and Mouse /3. URBAN OUTFITTERS Karaoke Machine /4. VUPOINT PHOTO CUBE iPhone photo Printer /5. MARC BY MARC JACOBS USB Keychain /6. INCASE iPhone Clutch /7. FANNY WANG 1000 Series Headphones /8. MARC JACOBS Quilted iPad Case
Whether she likes things that or light and bright or her style is more savvy and sophisticated, tech accessories are great for gifting. For snap happy moms an iPhone photo printer is a sure fire winner. Glam gals on the go will love Incase's gold iPhone wristlet that has room for credit cards. And for the workaholic, liven up her desk with an animal speaker or Rebecca Minkoff keyboard (or both)!
Holiday Gift Guide For Him: The Sophisticate
Up this week on my "Holiday Gift Guide for Him" is the sophisticated male. Sophistication has no age limits; this man could be your boyfriend, your father, or your boss. Just as long as he has distinguished taste and appreciates the finer things in life, including a good shave;)
1. ANTHROPOLOGIE Imperial Cheese Knives $198/ 2. ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Skull Print Tie $175/ 3. THE ART OF SHAVING Stand $125, Brush $55 and Nickel Razor $90/ 4. SANTIAGO GONZALEZ Magnetic Crocodile Money Clip$145/ 5. RAY-BAN Original Aviator Sunglasses $155/ 6. BOSS Leather and Rose Gold Watch $295/ 7. JOHNSTONS Check Scarf $40/ 8. Eames By Brigitte Fitoussi Hardcover Book $35/ 9. WINE ENTHUSIAST Electric Corkscrew $30
For the sophisticated man in your life, go for the classics - a universally flattering pair of Ray-Ban aviators, a plaid scarf, aluxe money clip - things they may not buy for themselves but that they will use all the time. On that note, every guy loves a new gadget. Throw some wine into the mix and you have a sure fire winner of a gift with an electric corkscrew. I gave one to my boyfriend last year and he still loves to show it off whenever we have friends over for dinner.
Have no fear, you don't have to spend a fortune just because he likes the good life. I recommend a design related coffee table book for a budget friendly buy. Consider this one on Eames, it makes an impact in style but doesn't leave a long lasting impression on your wallet.
My favorite fail proof holiday present to both give and receive is an intriguing coffee table book. Perfect for an employer, book club buddy or a mother-in-law, a present containing beautiful illustrations won't go unappreciated.
1. Christian Louboutin 2. Domino: The Book of Decorating 3. Kate: The Kate Moss Book 4. The Sartorialist: Closer 5.Chanel three book set 6. Shoestrology 7. Kelly Wearstler: Rhapsody 8. Tim Walker: Pictures
There are endless gift options for fashion and interior design lovers when it comes to coffee table books. From designer retrospectives to street style compilations to photography favorites, there is a book at every price point. I know I'm eagerly awaiting getting my hands on a beautiful page turner.
Holiday Gift Guide: STOCKING STUFFERS FOR HER
My favorite part of Christmas morning has always been opening stockings. I also love shopping for stocking stuffers. Something about finding a myriad of little joys while eating breakfast gets me every year. There is still some time left to order online, so have at it. Oh, and did I mention the best part? Almost all of these stocking stuffers are $25 or under (so they also make great little gifts for friends!).
Holiday Gift Guide: STOCKING STUFFERS FOR HIM
Gals aren't the only ones who rush to see the goodies inside their stockings in the morning, get the guy in your life some stocking stuffer goodies to help keep him entertained throughout the day. For the adult boy in your life look fordrinking accessories, gadgets, toys and novelty food to score big points in the stocking arena.
1. LIBBY Craft Brew Beer Flight $20/ 2. THE NORTH FACE Knit Cap $20/ 3. BLACK + BLUM Bento Box $18 /4.SUCKUK Corkscrew keychain $20 /5. SOUTH PARK Portable Speaker $20/ 6. ASTRONAUT Ice Cream $6 / 7. GIZMON iCA Remote Shutter $23/ 8. BACON Frosting $8