"If people remember nothing else about me when all is said and done, they should remember my other life mantra: when in doubt, add a motorcycle jacket. Heck, even when not in doubt, just add a motorcycle jacket." Leandra Medine, The Man Repeller: Seeking Love. Finding Overalls.
Happy Fashion Quote Friday!! According to Glo, this is one of the 8 Best Lines from the Leandra Medine's new book, and I couldn't agree more! Medine's love of motorcycle jackets is not unshared by many of us. I mean heck, any gal that rocks a moto jacket over her wedding gown (see here) is basically my fashion idol.
I happened to meet The Man Repeller herself standing in line at a food truck at Coachella this year. She was beyond sweet and struck up a conversation with me about how hard it is to dress for the crazy weather Coachella can have. Where we differed was she was ordering Bok Choy and I was ordering bacon cheese fries...
More on moto jackets next week, but for now enjoy some of my favorite links from this week!
- Have you indulged your shopping bone and checked out 3.1 Philip Lim Spring 2014 trunkshow yet?? It ends October 1st so get in your order stat! I'm stuck between buying this bag and this bag
- iVillage shares 10 ways to stage an Ikea Expedit Bookcase. This post is likely to tempt you to battle the newly weds and screaming babies at your local store.
- Play your own game of "Who Wore It Better" with FabSugar's look at the Doppelgangers on the streets of Fashion Week.
- Has anyone been trying to cut down on carbs? I made this cauliflower rice for the first time this week and both my fiance and I are new believers!
- I've signed up for my first blog conference ever and am heading to Lucky FABB in October!Who is going?! Message me - I can't wait to meet everyone:)