Nothing says summer beauty like carefree, wavy, beach hair. Frequent beach hair style setters include celebrities Kate Hudson, Vanessa Hudgens and Blake Lively, who all bring nouveau bohemian beauty to the forefront of fashion.
As a girl who grew up by the beach and spent summer days in the sun, intentional (and unintentional) beach hair has long been a go-to style for me. The easiest way to get carefree waves is with hair product and your hands (SheKnows gives instructions here). My suggestion is to embrace the untamed when it comes to this hairstyle. Don't try to control which way your hair falls, just put in some product, scrunch and let air dry (unless you're in a hurry and then a diffuser will help speed up the process).
From sea salt sprays to volumizing foams, below are some of the best products (including the three I use) to get effortless, sexy, summer hair.
1. BUMBLE & BUMBLE Surf Spray - This is perhaps the most well known sea salt spray on the market and really gives realistic "beach waves". I love using this for when I'm really spending a day in the sun or on a casual weekend. I can't wait to try the new shampoo and conditioner in the Surf line Try all 3 products in this travel set.
2. NOT YOUR MOTHERS Beach Babe - At $5.99 this is the best choice for those who aren't committed to wearing their hair in carefree waves on a regular basis. Users commend the great scent and light properties of the spray.
3. BAMBOO BEACH Ocean Waves - I adore the smell of this product and bought it after seeing my thick maned coworker come in with perfect boho waves. I have to say although it is the way to go for women with thicker hair, it can weigh down fine hair (like mine).
4. KMS Curl Up Wave Foam - I own KMS Curl Up Spray which gives the most defined waves and curls out of the products I've tried. I'm looking forward to testing this foam which is said to give more volume (which my limp hair needs)!
5. JOSIE MARAN Bohemian Waves - I recently started using Josie Maran products and can attest that they really are all that and a bag of chips. Her Bohemian Wave spray is said to give soft touchable and hydrated waves. This is on my list of 'Must Try' hair products.
6. AVEDA Be Curly - For you lucky ladies blessed with natural curls, Aveda's Be Curly will help de-frizz and tame your locks, that way you can look like you spent a day in the sun without the damage.
So, what do you think about beachy hair? Is this a look you like in the summer or all year around? Any great products I'm missing that I should try?